House destroyed in fire on Chalmers St. in Springfield

The fire was determined to be accidental

house-fire-chalmers

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A man is homeless following a house fire at 225 Chalmers Street, in the East Forest Park section of Springfield Monday morning.

225 Chalmers Street
225 Chalmers Street

Springfield Fire Department spokesman Dennis Leger told 22News a man and his dog were inside the house when it caught fire, at around 6:30 a.m.

The man called 911, and was able to get himself, and his dog out safely.

Leger said the cause of the fire is accidental and started in the living room.

The house is now completely destroyed.

Click here to view on your mobile device. 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s