Fire on Fearing Street in Amherst Sunday morning

Fearing Street was closed for about two hours

fire cautionjpg

AMHERST, Mass. (WWLP) – A home on Fearing Street in Amherst caught fire Sunday morning.

Amherst Assistant Fire Chief Lindsay Stromgren told 22News they got the call at 8 o’clock Sunday morning for a kitchen fire. When they got there, smoke and flames were coming from the home.

Apparently propane was fueling the flames when the gas stove malfunctioned…damaging the kitchen and the attic.

The people who live there will be able to stay in the home. Fearing Street was closed for about two hours. No one was hurt.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s