AMHERST, Mass. (WWLP) – A home on Fearing Street in Amherst caught fire Sunday morning.
Amherst Assistant Fire Chief Lindsay Stromgren told 22News they got the call at 8 o’clock Sunday morning for a kitchen fire. When they got there, smoke and flames were coming from the home.
Apparently propane was fueling the flames when the gas stove malfunctioned…damaging the kitchen and the attic.
The people who live there will be able to stay in the home. Fearing Street was closed for about two hours. No one was hurt.