EAST LONGMEADOW, Mass. (WWLP) – The dispute is finally over in East Longmeadow. The Town Council has officially paid the former Police Chief because he was wrongfully fired.
East Longmeadow Town Council President Kevin Manley told 22News Doug Mellis was officially paid the $165,000 agreed upon in September.
The council determined that Mellis was wrongfully terminated by the town’s old Select Board, because they didn’t give him the required one year notice stated in his contract.
Related East Longmeadow Police Chief Coverage:
- East Longmeadow reveals how much they’re paying former Police Chief
- East Longmeadow withholding settlement money for former police chief
- Settlement agreed upon between East Longmeadow and former police chief
- East Longmeadow unable to decide on former police chief’s settlement
- East Longmeadow prepares to settle with former police chief
- Possible contract violation in East Longmeadow
- Former Police Chief seeking one year’s salary