Arrest warrant issued for Amherst deadly shooting suspect

The name of the suspect is not being released at this time

amherst-twin-shootings-update

AMHERST, Mass. (WWLP) – An arrest warrant was issued Tuesday afternoon for a suspect in the deadly shooting in Amherst last weekend.

Northwestern District Attorney Spokeswoman Mary Carey told 22News the suspect’s name will be released once he is arrested. She said it’s believed he is not in the Amherst area.

“Although the issuance of an arrest warrant is a significant and positive development, this remains an active and ongoing investigation,” said Northwestern D.A. David Sullivan.

22News previously reported that 31-year-old Jose Rodriguez was shot and killed at the Southpoint Apartments just after midnight Saturday. A second man was also shot, who is still recovering at the UMass Medical Center in Worcester, and expected to be released soon.

The Amherst Police Department and the Massachusetts State Police Detectives Unit attached to the Northwestern District Attorney’s Office, are working together in investigating the shooting.

Related Amherst Deadly Shooting Coverage:

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s