HOLYOKE/CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – Not one, but two “creepy clown” sightings were reported Wednesday night. One in Holyoke and the other in Chicopee.
22News sat down with Chicopee resident Heather Sumowski, who said her son was out playing with a friend near the dyke by the Connecticut River. They live over on Skeele Street.
Sumowski said her son ran home, after seeing a creepy clown walking along the dyke. Her son said he was wearing a camo style outfit, with leaves on his head and face paint.
“The unknown is scary, that’s the whole scary part. Not being able to know what’s behind the mask and what their intentions are,” said Sumowski.
Sumowski said she went down to look for the clown, but he was already gone.
Then, in Holyoke, a reported clown sighting around 7:00 p.m. prompted police to search the South Bridge Street area.
Holyoke Police Lt. Isaias Cruz told 22News a concerned parent called in and said a creepy clown was spotted staring at children in the area.
Police went to the South Bridge Street to look for the alleged clown, but did not find anyone.
Related Creepy Clown Coverage:
- How to help kids who are scared of clowns
- Clown Costumes: Still Selling
- Some people are nervous to dress up like a clown
- Creepy clowns face child neglect charges
- McDonald’s: Ronald McDonald keeping a lower profile
- Man wearing clown mask arrested
- What is this ‘clown epidemic’ all about? A psychologist explains