Springfield Marriott evacuated due to carbon monoxide issue

The Marriott Hotel in downtown Springfield, Mass., is seen, Thursday afternoon, Oct. 4, 2007. Marriott International Inc., announced Thursday that their third quarter profits fell by seven percent and their forecast profits are below Wall Street expectations. (AP Photo/Stephan Savoia)

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – All guests are back in their hotel rooms at the Marriott in downtown Springfield on Tuesday after a carbon monoxide scare.

Springfield Fire spokesman Dennis Leger told 22News guests on two floors had to be evacuated from the Marriott earlier Tuesday evening after a malfunctioning boiler caused unsafe levels of carbon monoxide.

Legder said the boiler had to be taken off line, and the carbon monoxide levels returned to safe levels.

Click Here if you’re unable to view the map above

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s