(NBC News) – Donald Trump said Friday his accusers are lying when they say he made unwanted sexual advances against them years ago.
“The stories are total fiction. They are 100% made up. They never happened,” Trump said.
The Republican presidential nominee went on to blame the media without offering proof the accusations are false.
Earlier in the day Trump’s running mate, Indiana Governor Mike Pence, tried to change the focus to Hillary Clinton’s email controversy. Speaking on the Today show, Pence said the hacked emails show Clinton’s pay-for-play politics.
“Now we hear they were directing contracts in the Haitian recovery effort to friends of the Clintons, all we get is silence, all we get is denials,” Pence said.