CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – Did you know that you don’t need carbohydrates to feel full? Eating one lettuce burrito wrap filled with protein and fiber will leave you full throughout the day! Jessica Brothers with the Fit Club showed us how to make this delicious and nutritious dish!
- 1 lb protein, any style
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 handfuls fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 t fresh lime juice
- 1 t chili powder
- Fresh ground pepper & sea salt
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- Plain Greek yogurt, for topping
- 6-8 large lettuce leaves
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook protein with the onions, until protein is about 80% done. Use some coconut oil if protein is extra lean.
- Add in tomatoes, garlic, jalapeño and cook covered for about 10 minutes, stirring often
- Add in your lime juice and seasonings and simmer for 5 more minutes
- To put Burritos together, start with a lettuce ‘shell’ and top with protein mixture, avocado and a dollop of yogurt. Enjoy!