(WWBT) A Richmond, Virginia man says his phone blew up inches from his head while he was sleeping.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 was a replacement issued after Samsung told costumers to return their Note 7’s because the phones could blow up.
Shawn Minter says he noticed his phone hadn’t been charging properly and was concerned about it, but he never thought his phone would blow up inches from his head.
“The phone just burst, it was like a quick red flash,” Minter recalls.
He watched as his phone burned, filling the room with white smoke.
“It’s completely cooked and singed, glass is broken,” he says. “It’s beginning to come apart, the front was able to withstand… the screen is not broken on the front, but you can see the inside is cooked from the front.”
Read more: http://bit.ly/2eoqhYu