SOUTH HADLEY, Mass. (WWLP) – Two South Hadley firefighters and one Granby firefighter were hurt in some type of explosion on Tuesday.
It happened during fire academy training. The explosion was at the South Hadley District Two station on Woodbridge Street.
South Hadley Fire Chief Robert Authier said the explosion occurred as they were using a fire training trailer, which allows firefighters to practice fighting kitchen, bedroom, and living room fires. It uses propane gas.
All the injured firefighters are now out of the hospital.