CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – In an effort to make residents, families and friends feel welcome, Buckley Healthcare offers a full-service restaurant for their residents and families. Head Chef Mike Harrison showed us how to make two of their dishes, shrimp scampi Florentine and a quick and easy bruschetta!
Shrimp Scampi Florentine with Prosciutto
- 1lb large raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- 5 garlic cloves
- 4oz diced prosciutto
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 10oz fresh baby spinach
- Salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 teaspoon fresh parsley
- Toss shrimp in flour.
- Sautee butter and garlic in a flame proof pan until just starting to color about 3-5 minutes.
- Add prosciutto and white wine, cook over high heat for about 3 minutes, stirring until the shrimp turns pink.
- Add chicken broth, cook 2 minutes.
- Add spinach, cover and remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Quick and Easy Bruschetta
- 6 or 7 ripe plum tomatoes (about 1 ½ lbs.)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 shallot
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced or chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, more or less to taste
- 1 focaccia, sliced
- Quarter tomatoes, remove seeds and dice.
- Finely mince shallot and garlic.
- Mix with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Chiffonade basil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Focaccia sliced, seasoned, and grilled.
- Topped with heaping portion of bruschetta.