CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – Do your dogs love a good treat now and then? With store bought treats being filled with preservatives, it’s time we put those down and make our own! Shawn Sherry, CEO of the Barkers Dozen showed us how.
- 8oz quick oats
- 1 apple
- 4oz water
- 1oz molasses
- Core the apple and chunk into 2″ pieces.
- Add the apple and water into the blender and blend on high to puree.
- To the mixing bowl, add Apple mixture, molasses and oats.
- Mix until a dough mixture is formed.
- With the rolling pin, roll the dough out to about a 1/4″ thickness.
- Using your dough or pizza cutter, Slice the dough into quarter inch strips and then slice again in the opposite direction to create quarter inch square treats. Place the treats onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375F for 30 minutes, or until the treat feels hard to the touch.
- Turn the oven down to 275F and place the tray in for an additional 20 minutes.
- Let the treats cool.
- Store the cookies up to two weeks in the fridge