SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Springfield firefighters were able to control a fire, Thursday night, at a house on Orlando Street.
Springfield Fire Spokesman Dennis Leger told 22News the fire started just after 9:20 p.m. in a bedroom on the second floor of 36 Orland Street. He said the woman carelessly disposed her cigarette.
The woman was taken to Baystate Medical Center to be treated for burns on her hands, Leger said. We do not know at this time how serious her burns are.
The owner of the house was not home at the time of the fire.