CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) Jazz up your favorite tater tots to make the perfect potatoes! Blogger Dan Whalen from TheFoodInMyBeard.com showed us how.
TATER TOTS WITH PULLED PORK, AND SPICY CHEESE SAUCE
- SPICY CHEESE SAUCE
- 1cup Milk
- 1cup Nonfat Dried Milk Powder
- 1tablespoon Cornstarch
- 8ounces Cheddar Cheese (a block of cheese – pre grated cheese will not work in this recipe)
- 1teaspoon Hot Sauce
- 2teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2small Head of Cabbage
- 2tablespoons Mayo
- 1tablespoon Cider Vinegar
- 1/4cup Diced Pickles
- EVERYTHING ELSE
- 1cup prepared pulled pork
- 1pound Frozen Tater Tots
- 10Pickled Jalapenos
- Mix all the slaw ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- Whisk the milk, milk powder, and cornstarch together in a heavy bottom pot.
- Bring to a simmer while whisking. Once you see the sauce thicken and the milk powder is dissolved, remove from heat.
- Whisk in the cheese. The cheese should melt in no problem, but you might need to turn the heat back on low briefly. Be careful with the heat at this point though cause the sauce could separate if heated too rapidly.
- Allow the sauce to cool slightly before adding the hot sauce, jalapenos, and red pepper flakes.
- Preheat oven to 450. Spread the tots onto a baking sheet. Toss with 2 tablespoons of oil, right on the pan. Spread out and bake at 450, flipping once during cooking, until browned and crispy.
BRING IT TOGETHER
- Microwave the pork according to the package instructions until hot. 2.Place all the tots onto a plate or into a warm cast iron skillet.
- Place all the tots onto a plate or into a warm cast iron skillet.
- Top with the pork.
- Pour on the cheese sauce.
- Finally top with the slaw and the jalapenos.