CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – Social media has become part of our culture and it feels really natural to want to share back to school photos online! But, it is really important to be mindful of your child’s safety when it comes to sharing. Nj Rongner with A Cookie Before Dinner visited Mass Appeal with some safety tips when it comes to posting on social media.
- Don’t share a photo that shows your house number.
- Don’t share a photo that reveals the full name of where your child goes to school. This can be tricky if your child wears a school uniform. You can use a photo editing program to blur it out.
- Don’t share a photo of classmates/friends unless you’re sure their parents won’t mind.
- If you have an older child, be respectful of their privacy. A middle schooler or high schooler might not want that “cute” back to school photo online.
- Don’t share a photo that reveals the location of your bus stop or the bus number, OR what time you leave to walk to the bus stop.