CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) If you want to succeed with your fitness goals, you need a proper support system to help you. Lifestyle/weight loss expert Carolyn Phillips joins us from FitBehavior.com to share tips for support systems for success.
Creating Support Systems for Success:
- Family is a pro- and con- place for support systems… If they are on board with your goals, they can be great, but if they are not, they can definitely drag you down. Even with the best of intentions, your family and friends can sabotage you, so you need to communicate to them how you need their support.
- Social Media
- Just type in words like “organic” or “fitness” or “health” and you can easily find people or places that have ideas that can help you. You can also find helpful websites and even groups of like-minded people striving for the same goals.
- Seminars and Lectures –
- These seminars and lectures are great because they can reset your mind, and give you the information and tools you need to move in a new direction.
- Visual Environments
- Especially in your home, this can be a simple and very effective part of your support network. For instance, you can set up positive statements and inspirational quotes on your computer or on a post-it on the fridge… anywhere that you spend a lot of time. If you start to feel like you’re getting burned out or stuck, these motivational visual cues can help reset your brain.
- Online Forums
- Chat groups and forums are a great way to find like-minded people, who can ask and answer questions, offer support and information and more.
- Like Minded Groups –
- Great for motivation and support. Get involved in charity walks, challenges, weight loss groups, coaches, classes.