BOSTON (AP) — Investigators probing the killing of a New York City woman who went for a run near her mother’s home in central Massachusetts and was found dead in the woods Sunday have received more than 500 tips.
Massachusetts State Police said Friday they want the public to continue calling. Vanessa Marcotte, a 27-year-old Google account manager, was found dead Sunday night hours after she went for a run near her mother’s home in Princeton, a rural town west of Boston.
Investigators believe Marcotte was attacked by a man and may have injured him in a struggle. They’ve asked for the public’s help identifying a man with scratches, scrapes or bruises, and identifying cars that were on a nearby country road called Brooks Station Road on Sunday afternoon.
The anonymous tip line is 508-453-7589.
Related Vanessa Marcotte Coverage:
- DA: Woman found dead in MA woods struggled with attacker
- Tip line set up to find killer of jogger Vanessa Marcotte
- Investigation continues into slaying of jogger in Mass.
- NYC woman visiting Massachusetts found murdered in woods
- Joggers on high alert following the deaths of two young women
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.