CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – We all need some time to unwind now and then, and Saskia Cote of Bottom Line Bodywork LLC showed us and talked about the benefits of foot massage, reflexology, and cupping.
- Foot Massage/Reflexology
- Body reflected in the feet
- Feet have more nerve endings per square cm than any other part of body
- Massaging benefits entire body
- Reflexology: working on specific reflex points to help a specific condition (Pneumonia, digestion, back problems, sinus issues, etc.)
- Traditionally used in Eastern modalities (like acupuncture) to produce more circulation in areas of pain/stiffness.
- Vacuum in a cup and places cup on skin of client
- Vacuum makes the cup stay in place on skin, improving local circulation
- silicone cups combining the suction with massage strokes
- increased circulation, increased range of motion, less pain.