CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – School is fast approaching, and getting your kids ready and out the door on time can feel like a small miracle. Charlotte Smith, blogger with Ciburbanity.com gave us tips on getting our kids out the door in a stress-free way.
1. Prepare as much as possible the night before. This seems obvious, but packing up homework, laying out clothes, setting backpacks by the door… are all simple ways to ease the rush in the morning before school.
2. If you pack lunch or bring snack, set up lunch stations so the children can be responsible for their own meals.
3. Prep meals/ snacks on Sundays. Precut fruits and vegetables. Measure out snacks into reusable snack bags.
4. Have a designated spot for EVERYTHING. Shoes, homework, clothing, food, etc.
Charlotte also gave us DIY ways to store your kids artwork and school work in a clutter-free manner
1. Color coded plastic bins with DIY labels
2. Picture frame that allows you to easily swap out artwork
3. Use wire curtain system to easily display artwork
4. Wall pockets. These are readily available at any big box store, but utilizing wall space as a dumping ground for immediate school work can be helpful.
5. Files. Eventually, there will be certain pieces of kids school work that you might want to file away more permanently. A file cabinet can be a big ugly eye sore, but… it doesn’t take too much effort to make it style-worthy. Use chalk paint or adhesive contact paper to transform an ugly file cabinet.
6. Clipboards used as a gallery
7. DIY bulletin board