NORTHAMPTON, Mass. (WWLP) – Several different road work projects launch next Monday, August 8th in Northampton. Weather permitting, Northampton’s Department of Public Works reports the following work will take place:
Conz and Pleasant Streets – Roundabout Construction
- Gomes Construction of Ludlow is the general contractor for the roundabout construction under a contract with MassDOT.
- Gomes will be continuing with utility installation and roundabout construction.
- Through traffic will be maintained at all times. Lane closures for one-way traffic are restricted to between 9 am and 3 pm.
- If possible, motorists should seek alternate routes or EXPECT DELAYS. Please obey directions from police officers and be considerate of the work area and other motorists.
Damon/Bridge/King/N King Intersection
- Palmer Paving will be making minor improvements to this intersection under a contract with MassDOT.
- Work includes re-aligning some islands, some minor widening and signal upgrades to improve the intersection.
- Work will be conducted at night from 7:00 pm to 5:30 am and take about 3 weeks to complete.
Baker Hill Road
- Geeleher Construction has completed the installation of approximately 400 linear feet of sewer line and associated manholes and services between #36 and #64. Pavement restoration will occur soon.
Elm Street and College Lane
- Scapes Construction is the general contractor for Smith College working on relocating utilities at Elm Street for the construction of new entry gates and drainage and roadway improvements on College Lane.
City Street Resurfacing
- Palmer Paving was awarded the contract for resurfacing various city streets.
- The work is anticipated to begin in mid-August and includes resurfacing of Park Street and sections of Locust Street, Bridge Street, Park Hill Road and Burts Pit Road.
Contact the DPW at 587-1570 if you need more information.