CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – We took a bit of a different direction on Summer Salads Week today, as Claudine Gaj, Owner of the Magic Spoon Catering, taught us how to make Broccoli Slaw.
- 16 oz broccoli (stalk, grated, or sliced very thinly into 2-3″ matchsticks, about 5 cups worth)
- 1 can drained mandarin oranges (4-6 oz can)
- 1 T dried minced onion bits
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (sweet)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 T vinegar
- 3-4 t sugar
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices of cooked bacon crumbledIn bowl mix together mayo and sugar. Then add in vinegar and onion bits. Stir until well combined. Then add all remaining ingredients and stir well. Refrigerate for one hour before serving.