HADLEY, Mass. (WWLP) – The Town of Hadley Department of Public Works is imposing some mandatory water restrictions for all water customers effective immediately, due to recent high water demands.
- Odd/Even outdoor watering: Customers are required to limit outdoor water usage to an odd/even schedule. Outdoor watering by water users with odd numbered addresses is restricted to odd numbered days and even numbered addresses to even numbered days.
- Outdoor watering hours: Outdoor watering is only allowed between the hours of 5 a.m. and 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Outdoor watering method: Outdoor watering is restricted to bucket, can, of hand held hose watering with automatic shutoff nozzle.
- Automatic sprinkler use: the use of automatic sprinkler systems is prohibited.
- Car washing: Car or vehicle washing is prohibited.
- Filling swimming pools: The filling of swimming pools is prohibited.
- Production of food is exempt from restrictions.
The Town’s water system supply system is regulated by the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection. DEP requires the water restrictions be implemented when water demands exceed our State permitted water withdrawal limit for five consecutive days after the implementation of a Voluntary Water Restriction.
At the current water demands rate, the town may be in jeopardy of exceeding this registered amount, potentially facing penalties from the State.
These restrictions will remain in place until further notice from the Town of Hadley DPW.