CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – There’s nothing quite like a Georgia peach! We learned how to make a Peachy Summer Kale Salad with Lanier Pearson, Brand Ambassador for Pearson Farm. For more information, visit Pearson Farm online at pearsonfarm.com.
Peachy Kale Salad
6-8 oz. of chopped kale (about half of the large bags you find in the grocery store)
2 Pearson Farm fresh peaches, cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 cup of blueberries or blackberries
1/2 cup of raspberries
1/2 cup of Pearson Farm’s pecan crumbles
3 TB of pecan oil
Juice of 2 limes
1 TB rice wine vinegar
2 tsp sugar
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Rinse kale and remove any stems.
- Tear into smaller bite-size pieces if necessary. Massage kale with 1 TB of the pecan oil.
- Set aside.
- Whisk together remaining 2 TB of pecan oil, lime juice and vinegar.
- Pour over kale greens.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp of sugar over kale and massage into greens.
- For softer kale, refrigerate for at least one hour.
- When ready to serve, add peaches, avocados, berries and pecans.
- Toss to coat in dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Peaches & Pecans
5575 Zenith Mill Road
Fort Valley, Georgia 31030
Promotional consideration provided by: Pearson Farm