iPhone goes up in flames

The fire caused first and second degree burns

(NBC/KSDK) – A Missouri man was burned by his cell phone while it was in his pocket.

Ronnie Moore says his iPhone unexpectedly began to smoke and melt, causing first and second degree burns.

“I started hearing sizzling, and I’m like ‘You’re on fire!'” Ronnie’s mother, Michelle Terry, says.

Ronnie threw his pants off and the melted remains of his iPhone 6 fell out.

“It was on the ground and it was just bubbling. The screen was flying everywhere,” Moore says.

Experts say there are a few things that can cause an iPhone to explode and they all have to do with the lithium battery.

Comments are closed.