CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) You can save money and the environment while on the road! Emily Gaylord and Kelsey Colpitts from the Center for Eco Technology in Florence showed us how.
‘Green’ your Road Trip
1. Prepare your route – use maps or GPS so you don’t get lost and use unnecessary fuel
2. Travel light – less weight means a more efficient car!
3. Get a tune up – making sure your car’s in great working order also makes it run more efficiently
4. Use windows instead of AC
5. Stay at green hotels and eat local – make sure your food didn’t travel as far as you did