Dog rescued in Ludlow house fire

Couple forced out of Yale Street home

LUDLOW, Mass. (WWLP) – A young couple has been forced out of their Ludlow home, but both they and their dog are safe following a fire early Friday afternoon.

Acting Fire Captain Richard Michado went inside the smoke-filled house at 68 Yale Street, where the dog was still inside. He lifted the terrified 6 year-old dog and took her to safety.

This is actually not the first time Michado has rescued a pet. He told 22News that he is getting a reputation as someone who saves animals. Recently he saved a cat during a fire at a house on Belchertown Road.

For their part, the couple is thrilled that their dog is safe. One of the homeowners told 22News she had the dog since she was just a puppy, and it means so much in this difficult time to have her back. The couple will be staying with relatives for the time being.

Comments are closed.