CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – A new marriage is much like a newly planted garden. It has great potential for the future if it is well cared for. And just as a garden grows, so can a marriage relationship. Dr. Rob Robinson, Clinical Director of Family Care Counseling Associates in Wilbraham shared tips on how to make your marriage successful.
Five Tips for Seasoned Married Couples:
1. Re-romanticize the relationship.
2. Update your love maps and keep the marital friendship strong.
3. Make deposits in the other person’s emotional bank account each day.
4. Refresh your fondness and admiration for one another.
5. Watch out for criticism, defensiveness, stonewalling, and contempt.