Firefighter hurt during Chicopee apartment fire

One person taken to Baystate Medical Center

CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – A firefighter is recovering at home Saturday night after getting cut while fighting a fire in Chicopee.

Chicopee Deputy Fire Chief Joseph Crevier told 22News at around 1 P.M. Saturday they were called to 8 Volpe Drive for a kitchen fire.

A woman who lived in an apartment on the 1st floor was cooking, left a pot on the stove, and went to visit a neighbor.

The fire was contained to the kitchen, but the woman won’t be able to stay there. The Red Cross helped her find another place to stay.

While fighting the fire, a firefighter who was venting smoke cut his hand on a glass window and was taken to Baystate Medical Center for some stitches. He was released a short time later.

Comments are closed.