CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) – Mass Appeal’s new co-host Lauren Zenzie in the kitchen to make a family chicken soup recipe. Lauren grew up on home cooked meals from her father and loves to cook herself.
- 8 chicken thighs
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 onions
- 6 celery stalks
- 6 large carrots
- 1/2 box of orzo or 4 potatoes
- Prepare chicken stock
- Place chicken thighs, chicken broth, 1 onion (quartered), 2 celery stalks and 2 large carrots into pot
- Bring to a boil, simmer until chicken is thoroughly cooked and fork tender
- Once stock is prepared, strain all ingredients from stock, ONLY keep chicken
- Shred chicken and place back in stock
- Add bite sized onion, celery and carrots
- Cook pasta or potatoes separately from stock….once cooked, add to soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil, let simmer and enjoy!