CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) It’s an easy project for your home or to help beautify Springfield! Kelsey Colpitts, Emily Gaylord, Diana Vasquez and Claire Cuozzo from the Center for EcoTechnology showed us how to make some.
- Surface to apply mosaics
- Putty spatula
- Safety glasses
- Step 1: After breaking your tile, sketch out design
- Step 2: Place tiles where you will put them. This does not have to be exact.
- Step 3: Apply mortar to surface, should be about ¼ inch thick
- Step 4: Place tiles
- Step 5: Wait 24 hours to dry mortar
- Step 6: Apply grout. Work in sections and wipe off the grout as you go along
- Step 7: Wait another 24 hours for it to set completely