Pittsfield Friendly’s restaurant damaged in fire

Restaurant temporarily closed

PITTSFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – The Friendly’s restaurant in Pittsfield is temporarily closed, following a fire Friday morning.

No one was hurt in the fire at the Dalton Avenue restaurant, which was reported shortly before 7:15 A.M.

According to a news release sent to 22News by the Pittsfield Fire Department, the fire started when grease ignited underneath the griddle.

The department estimates that the fire caused about $40,000 worth of damage to the restaurant.

It is not immediately clear when the restaurant will re-open.

Click here to view the map on your mobile device.

Comments are closed.