PITTSFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – The Friendly’s restaurant in Pittsfield is temporarily closed, following a fire Friday morning.
No one was hurt in the fire at the Dalton Avenue restaurant, which was reported shortly before 7:15 A.M.
According to a news release sent to 22News by the Pittsfield Fire Department, the fire started when grease ignited underneath the griddle.
The department estimates that the fire caused about $40,000 worth of damage to the restaurant.
It is not immediately clear when the restaurant will re-open.