CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) It’s a traditional dish that’s easier to make than you think. Vakny Chonmany the “Muay Thai Pad Thai Master” showed us how to make Pad Thai.
You can use chicken, pork, beef, tofu, or a combination. You may want to start with less pepper, and work your way up.
- 1 (12 ounce) package rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/8 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Soak rice noodles in cold water 30 to 50 minutes, or until soft. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat butter in a wok or large heavy skillet. Saute chicken until browned.
- Remove, and set aside. Heat oil in wok over medium-high heat.
- Crack eggs into hot oil, and cook until firm. Stir in chicken, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add softened noodles, and vinegar, fish sauce, sugar and red pepper.
- Adjust seasonings to taste. Mix while cooking, until noodles are tender.
- Add bean sprouts, and mix for 3 minutes.