CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – Heroin and suboxone pills were seized by Chicopee narcotics officers, following an investigation into a 23 year-old man. Chicopee Police Officer Mike Wilk told 22News that Karol Giec of was pulled over at around 7:00 Saturday night near his Austin Street home.
Police had been investigating Giec and had a search warrant for his home and car. Inside the car, Wilk says officers found five bundles of heroin. They brought Giec back to his house, which was also searched, and the suboxone pills were discovered there.
Giec is charged with possession with intent to distribute a Class A drug (heroin), and possession of a Class B drug (suboxone). He was released on personal recognizance, and will be arraigned in Chicopee District Court.
More News from Chicopee:
- 16-year-old hit by vehicle in Chicopee; rushed to the hospital
- Second body pulled from river identified as Nathan Kermensky of Hadley
- Body pulled from Connecticut River identified as missing Chicopee teen
- Chicopee Center surveillance cameras operating, substation to open soon
- Chicopee Police release photos of possible larceny suspect