CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) We’ve all got a childhood collection kicking around, but which should we keep and when should we throw them away? Rick Woods, Professional Organizer from The Functional Organizer shared tips.
What Comprises an Essential Collection?
1. You’re passionate and focused about a subject or two.
2. It is organized.
3. Collection is safely stored for quick and easy reference.
4. You’ve allowed extra room for expansion on shelf or other storage system.
What are the Pitfalls of a Collection?
1. You’re in it for the money – market is saturated – little to no monetary value – interested in many different collections.
2. Not organized – many pieces of collection are scattered about home.
3. Some of collection is Lost – haven’t seen most of it for years.
4. Too many other “collections” and unused “items” are preventing you from storing collection properly. No room in house.