WARE, Mass. (WWLP) – An electrical transformer malfunction in Ware Sunday sent three men to the hospital with burns.
One of those men had burns on over 30% of his body; that victim was flown to Boston for treatment. The two others were taken to Mary Lane Hospital, one of whom has already been released.
Ware Fire Chief Thomas Coulombe told 22News the men were workers at the Pioneer Hydro Power Plant on East Main Street. A malfunction at an electrical panel just after 1 P.M. caused a surge to the outdoor transformer, which sparked a small brush fire.
The state Fire Marshal and state electrical inspector are working to determine what caused the malfunction.