BURLINGAME, CA (WCMH) — A California man is dead and his daughter is fighting for her life after an electrical shock in the family swimming pool.
It happened in Palm Springs on Easter Sunday. Police and firefighters first responded when someone called 911 to say that people were turning blue after jumping in the pool.
The victim, identified as 43-year-old Jim Tramel was electrocuted after he pulled his daughter out of the pool.
Tramel’s 9-year-old daughter remains in critical condition, according to NBC Bay Area.
Tramel was taken to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead. Five others were also taken to nearby hospitals. Four were treated and released. A 10-year-old girl remains in stable condition.
According to Palm Springs police, firefighters determined the water became electrified as a result of faulty wiring.
According to NBC Bay Area, Tramel was a well-known fixture in San Francisco technology companies. He was most recently a vice president of sales for RevJet in San Carlos.
RevJet CEO Mitchell Weisman has created a GoFundMe page for Tramel. Donations for Tramel’s family late Tuesday reached more than $93,000.