NORTHAMPTON, Mass. (WWLP) – Northampton Mayor David Narkewicz announced on Tuesday a parking validation program that is meant to help downtown businesses attract more customers.
According to a news release from the Mayor’s office, the parking validation is for the E.J. Gare Parking Garage. Downtown businesses will be allowed to buy sheets of special validation stickers to validate parking at the garage.
“Parking validation in the garage is one more step by the City to support local business efforts to enhance the customer experience for visitors to downtown Northampton,” said Mayor Narkewicz.
When a customers are finished shopping or dinning, they can have a validation sticker placed on their garage ticket from the business. This will allow them to leave the E.J. Gare Parking Garage without having to pay.
Businesses can buy sheets of stickers in 1, 2, and 3 hour portions from the City of Northampton Parking Clerk’s Office located at 212 Main Street, Northampton, MA 01060. The first hour of parking in the garage will remain free.
Related Stories in Northampton:
- Downtown Northampton Association goal is to make city more attractive
- Northampton police and fire investigating 5 suspicious fires
- Hundreds of ‘Structurally Deficient’ bridges traveled daily in Massachusetts
- Northampton water and sewer rates to increase
- Northampton Police prepare for Extravaganja festival