SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A man working on car repairs accidentally sparked a fuel fire that charred four cars and burned a one car garage.
Springfield Fire Spokesman Dennis Leger told 22News they were called to a fire at 42 Dickinson Street just after 7 o’clock.
Leger said the man suffered burns to his leg and hand, but declined to be taken to the hospital.
The man was changing a fuel pump on a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer. Something sparked and the man was startled. He was carrying a gas can. The gas spilled and the spark ignited the fuel. The flames quickly got out of control, scorching the Chevy Trailblazer, a 1989 Ford F-350, a 1977 Chevy Caprice and a DeLorean.