CHICOPEE, Mass. (Mass Appeal) Looking for a way to spice up your pallet without adding calories?!? Mary Lawrence, Owner and Executive Chef, WellonWheels.com showed us how to make a Honeycrisp Apple, Brussels Sprout, Kale and Dried Cranberry Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette.
Honeycrisp Apple, Brussels Sprout, Kale, Dried Cranberry Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, cut into wedges and thinly sliced
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed, thinly shaved
- 1 endive, thinly sliced
- 2-3 large leaves lacinato kale, ribs removed, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1 Tbl lemon
- 1-2 Tbl agave syrup
- 1 Tbl apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 Tbl extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- In a large bowl, whisk lemon juice, agave, cider vinegar, olive oil and salt, until completely blended. Add apple, Brussels sprouts, kale, endive, cranberries and pecans. Toss gently to mix.
- Note: Shaved Brussels sprouts, sliced kale and endive can be combined ahead of time, stored in a ziplock bag, or covered and stored in fridge. When ready to serve, simply toss with remaining ingredients.