SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Additional lane closures are planned on I-91 through Springfield Tuesday.
Crews are scheduled to paint lines on the highway as well as on some nearby streets, according to the MassDOT.
As a result, one lane of traffic will be closed in the following areas from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Tuesday:
- I-91 northbound between Exits 9A/B and Exit 10
- I-91 northbound between Exit 3 and State Street
- I-91 southbound between State Street and Exit 3
Drivers should expect and prepare for delays on the following side streets due to line painting:
- Intersection of Liberty Street and East Columbus Avenue
- Intersection of Boland Way and East Columbus Avenue
- Temporary Exit 7/6 ramp from I-91 southbound to West Columbus Avenue
- Intersection of East Columbus Avenue and Gridiron Street
- Intersection of East Columbus Avenue and Worthington Street
Lanes are already reduced along I-91 running through downtown Springfield heading towards or away from the Connecticut state line– all as part of the long-term rehabilitation project to the elevated section of highway.