CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – A light wintry mix followed by gusty winds and rain will push into Western Massachusetts late Tuesday Night through Wednesday.
A Winter Weather Advisory will be in effect:
- Berkshire County: 7pm Tuesday until 1pm Wednesday
- Franklin, Hampshire and Western Hampden Counties: 8pm Tuesday until 4am Wednesday
- Eastern Hampden County (Including Greater Springfield area): 8pm Tuesday until 1am Wednesday
The timing of most of the wintry mix is helpful as it occurs when most of us are at home in bed. Here’s what we’re expecting:
- After 9pm: Light snow/sleet/freezing rain pushes into Western Massachusetts
- Before 6am: Most of the freezing rain turns to plain rain, except over parts of Berkshire County
- Rest of the morning: Any lingering areas of ice turn to rain. The rest of us deal with plain rain.
- Wednesday Afternoon: Windy, clearing, drying and turning colder.
- Some icy spots overnight, especially in the hills outside of the Connecticut River Valley
- Rainy conditions Wednesday morning may lead to some minor street flooding during the morning commute.
- Winds increase and may be quite gusty at times. Some power outages are possible with tree damage possible.
- Some icy spots possible for the Wednesday evening commute as lingering puddles may freeze over.
- Snow amounts should be fairly light with many areas not seeing more than a few flakes.
- Click here for our snowfall forecast map
- Ice accumulation should also be fairly light as warmer temperatures work in. Highest ice amounts in the Berkshires.
- Rainfall amounts should range between 0.25″ and 0.75″
- River flooding is not expected, some minor street flooding possible.
- Isolated higher rainfall amounts possible if a brief thunderstorm develops
Stay with the 22News Storm Team as we track any updates or adjustments to the forecast.
|– Local Forecast||– Severe WX Text Alerts|
|– Temperatures||– Severe WX Email Alerts|
|– Weather News||– WWLP 22News WX App|
|– Interactive Radar||– Live Area Webcams|