Woman killed in Wales house fire

Stay with 22News and WWLP.com for more information as it becomes available.

WALES, Mass. (WWLP) – A woman was killed in a house fire in Wales Sunday morning.

Jennifer Mieth, the Public Information Officer for the State Fire Marshall told 22News an elderly woman never made it out of the fire at 21 Lake George Road early Sunday morning.

Wales Fire Chief John Croke told 22News crews were called to the house fire at 5:13 AM.

He said they also called several surrounding fire departments into help put out the flames, including departments from Stafford CT, Monson, and Holland.

Since there are no fire hydrants in Wales, several tanker cars had to deliver water to the street. Firefighters then dumped the water into several plastic tubs, and funneled it from the tubs to their hoses.

Chief Croke said crews were able to extinguish the fire within 45 minutes, but the house had already been completely destroyed.

The State Fire Marshall is currently trying to figure out where and how the fire started.

Stay with 22News and WWLP.com for more information as it becomes available.

Comments are closed.