Pharmacy mix-up puts child at risk

Pharmacy Mix-Up Puts Child At Risk
Virginia mother gives wrong medication to her child after pharmacy mixes up labels.

(WAVY) A Hampton, Virginia mother is upset after a pharmacy apparently mixed up her family’s prescriptions.

Amanda McCoy says her 5-year-old son’s name was listed on a steroid medication reportedly meant for her.

“I thought I killed my kid,” she said.

Amanda and son, Shaun, were both sick last Tuesday and went to the M.D. Express Urgent Care in Hampton. Shaun was treated for pink-eye and given a prescription for eye drops. Amanda was treated for bronchitis and provided with multiple prescriptions, including 10 mg prednisone tablets.

Read more:

Comments are closed.