CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – A Winter Weather Advisory is in effect from 4 a.m. Monday until 7 a.m. Tuesday for Hampden, Hampshire and Franklin Counties.
• Hazard types – snow.
• Accumulations – snow accumulation of 2 to 6 inches.
• Timing – snow showers possible overnight then light snow overspreads the area between 4 a.m. and 7 a.m. with snow becoming steadier and somewhat heavier into the early afternoon before tapering off Monday evening.
• Impacts – travel will be slow at best on well treated surfaces, and quite difficult on any unplowed or untreated
• Winds – Northeast 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
• Temperatures – in the mid-20s.
• Visibilities – one quarter mile or less at times.
A winter weather advisory is issued when snow and/or ice is forecast to develop in the affected areas but accumulations are expected to be light.
Any snow or ice would result in slippery conditions on untreated roadways and sidewalks. When temperatures are below freezing, motorists need to be especially careful on bridges and overpasses where slippery spots can easily develop.
|– Local Forecast||– Weather Text Alerts|
|– Temperatures||– Weather Email Alerts|
|– Weather News||– WWLP 22News Weather App|
|– Interactive Radar||– Live Area Webcams|