Cellar fire on Marengo Park in Springfield caused by propane heater

No one was hurt

SPRINGFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – A cellar fire Saturday morning at 28 Marengo Park in Springfield’s Forest Park neighborhood has been blamed on a malfunctioning propane heater.

Springfield Fire Department spokesman Dennis Leger told 22News, “The two and half story home was being rehabbed at the time and no one was home.”

The Propane heater malfunction created a fireball and caused some damage to the cellar including the melting of electric wires.

No one was hurt.

manego park fire2

Comments are closed.