SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — Super Bowl tickets are notorious for being absurdly priced. Even two weeks before the big game, the average price for a Super Bowl 50 ticket was topping $5,400.
That’s a lot of money for one night of fun. Here’s 10 other things you can buy instead of buying a SB 50 ticket:
1. Bora Bora, French Polynesia Vacation for 2 – $5,233
For four nights, you and a friend can enjoy one of the most beautiful and relaxing places in the world. On Expedia, $5,233 will not only buy the airfare but also four nights at a Polynesian resort.
2. 65″ LG Smart Ultra HD TV – $4,999
Instead of spending $5k to watch one game, why not spend it on a new TV that you can watch ALL the games on?
4. Sit courtside at a Warriors game…8 TIMES – $4,800
This depends on the game and who they are playing, but the average courtside ticket price for a Warriors game at Oracle in Oakland is only $600. That means you could go to 8 games, instead of one big game.
5. 2001 Ford Mustang – $5,200
You would be surprised at how many options you have if you’re trying to buy a used car for $5k. A Ford Mustang with only 51,505 miles? You bet.
6. 4 day Bahamas cruise for you and 25 friends – $5,200
That’s right, you can take 25 friends on a four-day Carnival Cruise to the Bahamas for only $200 a person.
7. Go to college for a year at CAL State East Bay – $5,472
One Super Bowl ticket could pay for entire year at college. Now that doesn’t pay for books or a place to live, but it’s a start.
8. Fly from Los Angeles to San Francisco 40 times – $5,200
The average ticket to fly from Los Angeles to San Francisco is about $130. That means you can buy 40 one-way tickets, that’s 20 roundtrips.
9. 14 day Lord of the Rings Location Tour – $5,250
Spend 14 days exploring New Zealand in this Lord of the Rings fan-favorite tour.
10. 500 Dominos cheese pizzas – $5,000
A large Dominos cheese pizza costs about $10. So with $5k, you can throw a pizza party for your whole neighborhood.
Still want to go to Super Bowl 50?