Barbecue went out of control in Chicopee

No one was hurt

CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – An outdoor winter time barbecue almost ended in disaster in Chicopee Friday night.

Chicopee Deputy Fire Chief Matthew Cross told 22News that a Partridge Lane resident was cooking with a charcoal grill too close to the building. The vinyl siding caught fire about 6:30 p.m.

Deputy Cross said firefighters were able to put the fire out quickly and damage was confined to the exterior. No one was hurt, and the residents can stay in their apartment.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s