CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – A recent shift in the projected track of a coastal storm will bring some accumulating snow to western Massachusetts on Friday.
While originally looking to stay harmlessly to our east, the recent westward progression of expected snowfall now puts western Massachusetts “in play” for some accumulating snow Friday morning.
As a result, the National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for eastern and central portions of Hampden County from 1:00 A.M. until 1:00 P.M. on Friday. A Winter Weather Advisory is issued when minor accumulations of snow are expected, which could have an impact on travel conditions.
- Midnight Friday morning until Noon Friday
- Southeastern areas of Western Massachusetts see most snow
- Northwestern areas of Western Massachusetts (Closer to New York State) see lower amounts.
- Highest accumulations from the storm should happen over central and southeast Massachusetts where Winter Storm Warnings have been issued.
- A dusting to 2″ in western and northern areas of Western Massachusetts including the Berkshires.
- Eastern Hampden and far Eastern Hampshire Counties: 3-6″ of snow
- Lower and Central Pioneer Valley: 1-4″
- Here’s our latest snowfall accumulation map
- NOTE: We will likely make some adjustments to the snowfall forecast up until arrival time. Keep checking back as we may increase some snowfall forecasts for certain areas.
- Snow accumulations, while light for many, will likely have an impact on the morning commute on Friday
- Snow will likely be of the wetter variety
- Wetter snow will be heavier and more difficult to clear.
- Plan on taking some extra time to get to work or school Friday morning.
- Roads may be slippery as they likely don’t have much salt on them after recent rains
- The 22News Storm Team will continue to track subtle changes in the forecast that may have a big impact on our snowfall expectations
|– Local Forecast||– Severe WX Text Alerts|
|– Temperatures||– Severe WX Email Alerts|
|– Weather News||– WWLP 22News WX App|
|– Interactive Radar||– Live Area Webcams|