(NBC) – One-Hour special includes rare interview with Penny Beerntsen, sexual assault victim in the case which led to Steven Avery’s exoneration.
Plus Andrea Canning’s new interviews with key players in Steven Avery/Teresa Halbach Case
Dateline NBC’s “The State of Wisconsin vs. Steven A. Avery” Airs Tonight 10pm/9c on 22News
With fresh, new interviews and rare footage of a sit-down conducted in 2005 with Penny Beerntsen, the victim of the sexual assault case for which Steven Avery was wrongfully convicted, Dateline NBC airs “The State of Wisconsin vs. Steven A. Avery.” In this one-hour special, airing Friday at 10pm/9c, Dateline’s Andrea Canning is on the ground in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin with a new look at the controversial case surrounding the 2005 murder of Teresa Halbach.
Canning sits down with key players representing both sides of the Avery/Halbach case, including:
- Ken Kratz – Prosecutor in Avery and Brendan Dassey cases
- Jerry Buting – Former defense attorney for Avery
- Kim Ducat – Avery’s cousin
- Robert Hermann – Current Manitowoc County Sheriff
- Steven Drizin and Laura Nirider – Appellate attorneys for Dassey
- Michael Griesbach – Author, “The Innocent Killer,” and Assistant District Attorney in Manitowoc County
During the special hour, Canning tells the story of Avery’s conviction and later exoneration in the 1985 sexual assault case of Beerntsen. Canning also offers a new look at the Avery and Dassey trials in the Halbach case, and the latest developments in the drama that has captured national attention.