CHICOPEE, Mass. (WWLP) – The New England Patriots and the Kansas City Chiefs are facing off in the AFC Divisional Playoff game. While the Patriots limped into the postseason, the Chiefs have been red hot.
The game started at 4:35 p.m. at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass.
FINAL SCORE: N.E. Patriots 27, K.C. Chiefs 20
The Patriots had a much-needed first round bye, during Wild Card Weekend, to allow their players to recover from a grueling regular season. Several key players are returning for the game versus the Chiefs, including WR Julian Edelman who hasn’t played since injuring his foot in Week 10 against the New York Giants. The Pats were 9-0 with Edelman and 3-4 without him.
- Sign up for WWLP Sports Text Alerts
The Chiefs have been a solid team since Week 7. After losing 5 straight games in the beginning of the season, the Chiefs have won 11 games in a row, including a 30-0 victory over the Houston Texans in the first round of the playoffs. Before Saturday’s game, the team had not won a playoff game since 1994.
- Related: Chiefs’ Maclin, Pats’ Gronkowski, Edelman, Amendola active
- Related: Gronk now holds record for tight end playoff TDs
- Related: Tom Brady gets sixth playoff rushing TD
New England and Kansas City are meeting for the first time in the postseason. The last meeting between the two teams was on Monday Night Football last season; Chiefs won 41-14. The Pats went on to win Super Bowl XLIX against the Seattle Seahawks, while the Chiefs lost to the Indianapolis Colts in the fist round of the playoffs.
The AFC Divisional game is being played in Gillette Stadium, which the Chiefs are 0-3. If the Patriots win Saturday’s game, they will head to the AFC Championship for the 5th straight time, tying the Oakland Raiders for most in NFL History. The winner will also face the victor of the Denver Broncos and Pittsburgh Steelers game.
- Week 1: Steelers 21, Patriots 28 – WIN
- Week 2: Patriots 40, Bills 32 – WIN
- Week 3: Jaguars 17, Patriots 51 – WIN
- Week 4: BYE WEEK
- Week 5: Patriots 30, Cowboys 6 – WIN
- Week 6: Patriots 34, Colts 27 – WIN
- Week 7: Jets 23, Patriots 30 – WIN
- Week 8: Patriots 36, Miami 7 – WIN
- Week 9: Redskins 10, Patriots 27 – WIN
- Week 10: New York 26, Patriots 27 – WIN
- Week 11: Patriots 20, Buffalo 13 – WIN
- Week 12: Patriots 24, Broncos 30 – LOSS
- Week 13: Eagles 35, Patriots 28 – LOSS
- Week 14: Patriots 27, Texans 6 – WIN
- Week 15: Titans 16, Patriots 33 – WIN
- Week 16: Patriots 20, Jets 26 – LOSS
- Week 17: Patriots 10, Dolphins 20 – LOSS